Ethan A. Brecher writes in The New York Law Journal: The consequences to a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority registered representative for not paying an adverse arbitration award can be career-threatening, yet non-payment of arbitration awards is a significant on-going problem for FINRA. Thus, at its July Board of Governors meeting, FINRA’s Board authorized new rules to remedy the problem.
- Failing to Pay a FINRA Arbitration Award The Good The Bad and The Ugly
- Arbitration Case Filed at ICC Seeking a $2.3 Million Commission
- Arbitration Panel Awards $809,786 Bonus Against Connecticut Hedge Fund
- Federal Court Finds Bank Holding Company Liable for $26,062,796.30 on Breach of Indenture
- First Department Grants Partial Stay of Contempt Order